Effective Date: 1.2.2022
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
If you have questions about data protection, we encourage you to primarily contact us through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of the controller: European Game Developer Federation (EGDF)
Address: c/o DATASPELSBRANSCHEN,The Park Södra,Magnus Ladulåsgatan 3,118 65 Stockholm
THE DATA WE COLLECT
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the services you use and the requirements of applicable law.
Data you provide us directly
- Contact information (such as name and e-mail address)
- Your messages e.g. through e-mail and social media (Play Finland group in Facebook)
- Other data you choose to give us (contact persons of members, registration information to events)
Data we collect automatically
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
Data we collect from our partners
- Some of the service providers we use (such as event registration system) may provide us automatically data about you
WHY DO WE COLLET YOUR DATA
- To provide you information with neogames.fi and playfinland.fi websites and our social media
- To organize events
- To maintain contact database of EGDF stakeholders and interests groups operating under its umbrella.
- To maintain membership register and provide membership benefits
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from EGDF, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Our service providers
Eventbrite, Slack, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Zoom and Youtube
With events EGDF uses mainly Eventbrite’s and Zoom’s as registration system. Eventbrite and Zoom have multiple safety measures to secure your data. On social media EGDF and social media service providers are joint controllers.
For more information, please visit:
- Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.fi/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy
- Slack: https://slack.com/trust/privacy/privacy-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Zoom: https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/
- Youtube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
EGDF provides data of its’ board members to registers maintained by public authorities according to applicable laws in Sweden.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Neogames uses cloud service as file management. This cloud service stores data in USA.
Eventbrite, Slack, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Zoom and Youtube store the data in USA. These service providers have data centres around the world and data might be transferred to servers outside Europe according to applicable EU laws and guidelines.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Access the personal data we hold about you
Please contact us if you want to know what data we hold about you. You can use this right by contacting us (email@example.com)
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can use these rights by contacting us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
EGDF uses Google Analytics to analyse and monitor traffic on our website for evaluating and developing our services and communications.
On EGDF’ website we use Google Fonts. Google might collect data through the domains fonts.googleapis.com and fonts.gstatic.com.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
EGDF stores the data we have collected in secure and safe way. Access to data is restricted. The cloud service and e-mail service we use are secured with e.g. firewalls. Also, the service providers EGDF uses store the data secure way and restrict the access to data.
We retain your data as long as your organisation is our member, is part of the research we do of the industry, organizing the event requires or required by law.
With events, we retain your data until the event and possible registration fee has been paid.
With our members, we retain data as long as the membership and its’ benefits and obligations continue.
With our stakeholder data base, we retain data as long as you or your company is working on or with game industry.
With our accounting and auditing, EGDF and our accounting service and auditor retain the data us long as it is required by laws.