Joint EGDF-ISFE response on the pubblic consultation on EU digital principles
EGDF and ISFE welcome the fact that the Commission acknowledges freedom of expression and freedom to set up and conduct a business online as fundamental rights in the digital environment. Freedom of expression, including artistic creation, is fundamental to Europe’s digital cultural diversity.
EGDF and ISFE recommend that careful consideration should be given to how the EU acquis may apply to specific principles. Because the acquis, and the limitations it imposes on some of the proposed principles, may not be known to all of Europe’s citizens, businesses and administrations, it is of particular importance that any future digital principles are clear and understood by all.
The full joint position paper can be downloaded from here: https://www.egdf.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/202109-EGDF-ISFE-Position-Paper-Digital-Principles-September-2021.pdf.pdf
The proposed digital principles have been at the core of the EGDF’s work for years. For more information, on the EGDF approach on
- Universal access to internet services read our policy paper on Telecommunication infrastructure that enables digital growth
- A secure and trusted online environment read our policy paper on Open, secure and trusted online environments
- Universal digital education and skills for people to take an active partin society and in democratic processes read our policy paper on Using digital games in education
- Access to digital devices, systems, devices and services that respect the climate and environment read our policy paper on Stopping climate change
- Accessible and human-centric digital public services and administration read our policy paper on eGovernment
- Ethical principles for human centric algorithms read our policy paper on AI regulation
- Protecting and empowering children and young people in the online spac read our policy paper on Protection of minors
- Access to digital health services read our policy paper on Serious games (covering also health games)